Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What happens when I try to do yardwork!

     Ok just when I was gonna lay off the the blog for a day or two something happened that I just have to share.
     We are remodeling our front yard &house we had a huge tree that was dying. So we thought we'd tear it out before we poured our new sidewalk. Sounds easy enough right? I brought in my backhoe in and dug around the tree a little bit, then proceeded to shove it over. It took all my cat 420 backhoe had to push it over. What I wasn't expecting was the roots to be bigger than I was. They tore up the propane line to my house, as well as our phone & internet line going to our barn & offices.
     This is usually what happens when I try to do lil projects around our house or family farm. They take on a life of their own & take me considerably longer than I anticipated. It's Murphy's law I suppose. That's what I get for trying to help out in the yard, a 2 or more day fixup project. I wonder what will happen when I try to move our giant swingset.....





1 comment:

  1. Yep. That's how farmers do yard work. At least they know how to put things back together...usually.

    ReplyDelete